When His Hug Makes You Feel Uncomfy:
Slide 6 of 6
If his hug makes you feel uncomfortable, depending on the seriousness of the situation, here are some ways to stop it:
- Leave some space between you as you hug and quickly pull away.
- When he reaches out to hug you, turn and give him a side hug rather than a front-on hug.
- When he reaches to hug you, give him your hand instead. It might be awkward for a second, but he’ll get the point.
- Tell him you’re not comfy hugging him.
- Tell a trusted authority that you’re not comfy hugging him.
We'd love to hear from you. Has hugging been an unclear issue for you to navigate, too?
Article orginally published on Lies Young Women Believe. Used with permission.
Paula Marsteller no longer tries to catch guys’ attention by swallowing live goldfish, arm wrestling, and jumping down flights of stairs. (She’s married to a wonderful man now!) She spends her days caring for her son, Iren, and writing for Revive Our Hearts. She’s the author of Confessions of a Boy-Crazy Girl: On Her Journey from Neediness to Freedom, and she and her family live in New York. You can catch all her writing on PaulaWrites.com.
Photo courtesy: ©Unsplash