Just briefly, let me describe the fantastic and results of this Titus 2 long-term, behind the scenes, encouraging, discipleship, and coaching ministry. Paul gives us--
The Results of Titus 2 Women in Ministry
Titus 2 women encourage a grateful army of husbands who feel deeply loved by their wives.
· What was the first thing that the Holy Spirit chose to have taught to the young married women believers? LOVE THEIR HUSBANDS.
· Can you imagine what a deep and lasting impact upon this local body of Christ's church to have men coming home to a wife who is earnestly being taught how to love her own husband?
· Such love is a powerful testimony in a culture where women are being pressed into being worldly, self-seeking, independent, and do-their-own-thing women.
· If nothing else, every family at TBC would be enriched if every younger woman was taught in a practical, simple, and personal way how to love their own husband.
Titus 2 women train younger women in one of the hardest and yet most rewarding investments in life—children who feel deeply loved by their mothers.
· The Holy Spirit emphasizes very clearly that the key to raising children is LOVING them.
· Titus 2 women train, teach, model, and mentor moms into the deepening of love for their children that can be felt.
· One of the most common complaints of the 21st century child is that don’t feel loved. Most mothers love their children, but many children are not feeling that love.
· Titus 2 women are coaches that tutor and mentor young moms in ways to show love that can be felt.
Titus 2 women train younger women to be discreet, sensible, wise in the decisions and choices they make.
· What a rich resource for new marriages and families to have a young woman walked through those days side-by-side with a godly, Spirit-filled woman who will regularly, personally, individually mentor, mother, coach, and cheer on younger women in skillfully living as a wife, mother, and woman of God on a day to day basis.
· Titus 2 women weren’t primarily found in classrooms—they were in the kitchen with a younger woman, in the dining room, in the nursery, at the grocery store.
· Titus 2 women were hands on tutors nurturing younger women in the laboratory of life--walking through life together praying, sharing, learning, and loving.
Titus 2 women train younger women in the holiness and purity that pleases God and unleashes the power of the Spirit.
- The training that a Titus 2 older woman gives is a seven-part package, that is immensely practical not theoretical. Modesty, purity, chaste behavior must be learned, modeled, and practiced.
- God directed the power of godly, Spirit-filled women of Biblical maturity sitting over a cup of tea discussing with younger women what pleased God in dress, in behavior, conduct, and so on.
- Christ's church needed younger women who learned Biblical modesty through a godly older woman lovingly applying God's Word to daily life.
Titus 2 older women teach younger women the centrality in God’s plan of a woman’s priority being her home.
- Home making is a learned art and so many women never have the hands on training that is needed.
- Life is so full, our culture has moved away from homemaking and few young women get mentored in the godly, Biblical art of home making.
- God placed the first two priorities on the Titus 2 list as loving husbands and loving children. Younger women are called to see the priority of their homes; and the only way they can learn that priority is by a long-term relationship with a godly woman that has mastered that art.
In tomorrow’s devotional we will begin a step by step look at all 12 characteristics of a Titus 2 woman. Paul lists them in the verses we already read. The older women are to have mastered all 12 and the younger women are trained in the last seven.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.