Godly Wives: Love Their Husbands With Love They Can Feel
What is the first thing God wanted every young woman taught in Titus 2? We find the answer in Titus 2:4.
Titus 2:4 “that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children.”
One word in the Greek text, philandrois is translated “love their husbands.” It means to be a woman totally devoted to one’s husband.
Some women say that their husbands are no longer lovable; but having that attitude is disobedience to the clear Word of God.
If you don’t love your husband, you need to train yourself to love him. Serve him kindly and graciously day by day and soon you will make such a great investment in him, you will say to yourself, I’ve put too much of myself into this guy not to love him! It is a sin to disobey this command.
Practical Steps for Wives to Express Love that Can be Felt
- Decide that you will make your own husband your number one most important human relationship of life over all others, including your parents, brothers, sisters, and friends, and mothers, even more importantly—your husband is to be more important to you than your children.
- Start to seek your husband’s friendship and love ahead of all other human relationships including your friends, relatives, and children. Almost all romance flows from closeness. This means that you make choices to set aside time to surprise your husband with wanting to spend time with him.
- Begin examining your lifestyle, and weekly schedule, to see if you are intentionally pursuing your husband’s love, his interests, and his attention. Any man will notice after a while, the interest that is shined upon him by an adoring woman. If you are expressing love that can be felt by your husband as a chosen way of life, then you can be sure that you are becoming his best friend and are truly “loving” your husband in the way that God has designed and commanded you to be.
Simple Ways to Love Your Man
- Pray for your husband daily.
- Plan for him daily things like: special acts of kindness; special dinners; special times alone; special meals alone; early bedtimes for the children; going to bed at the same times.
- Prepare for him daily: prepare your heart with being clothed with God’s love; prepare the house; prepare your appearance; prepare your greeting; set the table; clear out all visitors; stay off the phone; pray for his arrival.
- Please him in some small way daily.
- Protect your time with him as an offering to the Lord of obedience to His Word.
- Physically love him, let him know that you are available at any time that would please him. God commands us in Proverbs to be intoxicated by the love of our partner (Proverbs 5:18-19). If you are married and not intoxicated by the love of your partner--you are missing the best marriage possible.
- Positively respond to him with respect and admiration for whatever you can notice that he does for you and your family.
- Praise him about his accomplishments.
- Pray without ceasing for his life, devotion, purity, and needs as his closest and most trusted friend.
To continue reading this message on Wives Loving Their Husbands with a Love They Can Feel please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/godly-wives-love-their-husbands-with-love-they-can-feel/