Keys to No Regrets Marriages and Families
No Regret Families
When your life is done, and you look back those last few weeks or months that you have before cancer, or heart or respiratory problems overtake you – will you regret these days of your marriage and family? Will you be saddened when you remember these days? Will you be saddened when you see what your children are doing? Or will these have been the greatest years of your life? I think the choice is yours. Where are you headed in your marriage and as a family tonight? You will never get to anywhere you are not headed right now!
A No Regret Marriage and Family is a Wonderful Blessing From the Lord
2 Timothy 4:6-7 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Look with me at Ps. 127-128 where we find the inspired sketch of the beautiful stages of God’s work at growing a wonderful marriage and family. As we look, ask yourself: Is this what I want? Is this what I have? Is this worth changing areas of my personal life to accommodate God's Word and my response?
Psalm 127:1-2 A NO REGRET FAMILY IS CAREFUL to lay a Godly foundation: Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. 2 It is vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; For so He gives His beloved sleep.
Psalm 127:3-5 A NO REGRET FAMILY IS CAREFUL Trust God for blessed fruitfulness: Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; They shall not be ashamed, But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.
Psalm 128:1-4 A NO REGRET FAMILY EnjoyS a happy family life: Blessed is every one who fears the Lord, Who walks in His ways. When you eat the labor of your hands, You shall be happy, and it shall be well with you. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine In the very heart of your house, Your children like olive plants All around your table. Behold, thus shall the man be blessed Who fears the Lord.
Psalm 128:5-6 A NO REGRET FAMILY EnjoyS the fulfillment of a godly family that is satisfying IN old age: The Lord bless you out of Zion, And may you see the good of Jerusalem All the days of your life. Yes, may you see your children’s children. Peace be upon
That is quite a promise -- what an opportunity to have such a rare and precious home. And that is exactly what the Lord offers to us this evening.
What is the End Result of No Regret Marriages and Families?
There are few words that can describe the sheer delights of a marriage as God designed it to be. The Lord planned for His people to have marriages described as:
· Joyful rivers of intoxicating blessings (Proverbs 5:18-19),
· Fruitful vines that delightfully grow around our lives (Psalm 128:3),
· Such wonderful attraction that seven years of hard labor waiting for this is like a moment (Jacob in Genesis 29:20),
· Goodness and favor from the Lord (Proverbs 18:22), and
· A companion of our youth (Malachi 2:14-15) to whom we make a life long covenant to;
· And enjoy so much we “sport” (Genesis 26:8) with them!
We are blessed in our marriages and families can testify what God's Word describes is exactly what we who have followed the Lord have experienced.
· A Biblical or a no regret marriage and family is just a small snapshot of the delights of Heaven.
· A Biblical or a no regret marriage and family is just a living portrait of the perfect love of Jesus.
· A Biblical or a no regret marriage and family is just a traveling demonstration of the way the Lord works on earth.
The Bible Holds the Keys to How to Have a No Regrets Family!
WHY NOT DECIDE TODAY TO BE A DAD AND HUSBAND WITH NO REGRETS?
One of my greatest joys in life is to have a family. One of the most challenging responsibilities I have ever had is leading and guiding that family.
Men, as we sit with our wives may I challenge you to finish the course with joy that God has given you?
Paul confidently said at the end of his life that he had NO REGRETS.
§ Sins, yes, he was a saved sinner.
§ Scars, yes, he had murdered Christians and so on.
§ But regrets, NO. He finished the course of his life with joy.
So that tells me that all of us here can by God’s grace finish what ever the Lord has given us to do in life with NO REGRETS!
1. A No Regrets Dad and Husband includes his wife in envisioning the future. 1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
2. A No Regrets Dad and Husband seeks the consultation of his wife on all major financial decisions. 1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
3. A No Regrets Dad and Husband encourages his wife’s personal growth in her personal life. 1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
To Continue this devotional please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.discoverthebook.org/sermons_read.asp?id=1245