Wise Investments with God
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
-Luke 12:34, emphasis added
Are you intensely asking God to do anything in particular through your life that will last forever? What do you think would most please Christ?
Step Seven: Heaven
Be investing-lay up treasures in heaven!
Christ said, "Here is something anyone in My family can do! Here is what you can do that I will love, and I will make your investments in these areas last forever!"
- Jesus collects all your prayers, so pray to Him:Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints (Revelation 5:8).
- Jesus multiplies sacrificial gifts, so give to Him:Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans [a day's wage]. So He ... said to them, "... This poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury" (Mark 12:42-43).
- Jesus counts souls you lead to Him, so win the lost to Christ:For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? (1 Thessalonians 2:19).
- Jesus remembers humble service, so serve Him:As He sat at the table, a woman came having an alabaster flask of very costly oil of spikenard. Then she broke the flask and poured it on His head ... "to anoint [His]body for burial. [And]wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her" (Mark 14:3, 8-9).
- Jesus loves missionaries who do outreach, so go for Him: "Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life" (Matthew 19:29).
Make a choice to live in hope: Investing in heaven is the secret to having living hope for the end of days! Whenever you give significant, regular, sacrificial time to God, you are making a choice to live in hope. Whenever you share Christ with loved ones, friends, neighbors, and others whom God brings into your path, you are giving them an opportunity to live in hope as well. And whenever you invest financially in heaven instead of laying up treasures on earth that will soon be destroyed, you are once again sending ahead "gold, silver, and precious stones" to build upon in heaven.
Are you diligently preparing for Christ's return-eager to lovingly welcome Jesus, with a clear conscience, as you meet Him in the air at the Rapture, or at the time He escorts you through the "valley of the shadow of death"?
I exhort you to consciously make each moment count for God and eternity! For time is the only thing you cannot recover, earn more of, get from someone else, or do over again. It is an irreversible river that is flowing by ceaselessly at sixty seconds per minute, sixty minutes per hour!
I pray that you are excited about seeing Jesus-it could be today!
To continue reading this message, please click here.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.