A Recipe for Christian Maturity
Someone has said that the book of James is very similar to a recipe for Christian Maturity.
1. First preheat the oven (trials).
2. In a bowl put in wisdom (1:5), add faith and works (2:17) this is important because faith without works is like dead yeast, it will be inactive and not produce life.
3. Then add marinated or tenderized tongue (3:17).
4. Strain out any selfishness floating to the top (4:10).
5. Wait patiently basting all the while with prayer (5:8).
James 2:1 uses a colorful word for "partiality". This word combines prosopon "face" with lambano "receive" to make proso-polampsia which means to "receive face" or to be partial. As justice is portrayed as a blindfolded woman so God says He is impartial. So should we show such impartiality. This word is used three other times in the New Testament. In Romans 2:11 as God says no human face sways His perfect judgment. In Ephesians 6:9 where Paul says God rewards slaves and free impartially.
Four Spiritual Flaws:
Satan is in an all out attack to make you and me think wrongly about God! We hear God speak in Revelation 1:15 and his voice as the sound of many waters. (KJV) Will you listen to that voice as He speaks to us through the pages of His Word?
SATAN'S FOUR SPIRITUAL FLAWS: (Gen. 3)
- Doubt God's Word v. 3a "hath"
- Doubt God's Goodness v. 3b "not eat"
- Doubt God's Authority v. 4 "not die"
- Doubt God's Plan v. 5 "eyes open"
GOD'S FOUR SPIRITUAL LAWS:
- TRUST His Word Ps 119:89 "forever settled"
- REST in His Goodness Ps 73:1 " God is good"
- SUBMIT to His Authority James 4:7 "Submit to God"
- FOLLOW His Plan Pr. 3:5-6
Would you like to own all 36 of the messages in this series entitled, “James—Authentic Christian Living?” Order your mp3 today! http://18.104.22.168/series_detail.asp?seriesid=36
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.