God’s 12 Step Program for Every Man in Christ’s Church
Is Every Area of My Life Mastered by Christ?
In our passage today, God shines the spotlight on the next generation of leaders for Christ's church. Young men, who will grow up as the godly and mature servants of God, must begin to cultivate these six qualities.
Titus 2:6-8 (NKJV) “Likewise, exhort the young men to be sober-minded, in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.”
Here is God’s plan for each young man in the church, and the questions that each young man needs to be asked:
- v. 6 “Likewise exhort the young men”: “to be sober-minded”: Ask them: Do you have a firm resolve to Live a Restrained Life in an Unrestrained World?
- v. 7 “in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works”: Ask them: Do you seek to Become Representations of Christ In A Christ-less World?
- “in doctrine showing integrity”: Ask them: Do you have a constant desire to Maintain Godly Purity In An Impure World?
- “reverence”: Ask them: Do you have the vigilant attitude of Keeping A Singular Focus In A Blurred World?
- “incorruptibility”: Ask them: Do you know God wants you to shine before our sin-darkened world by Keeping an Incorruptible Life in a Decaying World?
- v. 8 “sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you”. (NKJV):Ask them: Do you know the reason God left you here was to go and “tell”, so are you Speaking God’s Words In A Godless World?
But before we analyze the complete portrait of this character quality God seeks, look at the way it was to be communicated. The method of communicating this self-restrained, grace-energized, self-controlled life style is amazing.
Of all the words of this verse, the most amazing word is the description of how to train young men. Paul says God wants us to “exhort” the young men.
To continue reading this message please click here.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.