God Offers Us a Peaceful Life
If I could describe the best life there could be, a life of peace, serenity, security, and joy – it would be the Word Filled Life! If I could describe the most joy filled marriage you could ever dream of – it would be the Word Filled Marriage! If I could describe the most harmonious and loving family possible – it would be the Word Filled Family! If I could describe the most satisfying, purposeful, and rewarding employment in the job world for your entire lifetime -- it would be the Word Filled Work Life! If I could describe for you childhood, youth, and college years filled with confidence, purpose, direction, and hope -- it would be the Word Filled Days of Youth! And finally, if I could describe to you how to make your final years and months the “Happy Golden Years” as someone wistfully called them; the way to be fruitful and faithful to the Lord to the end of our earthly pilgrimage as we saw recently in Simeon and Anna; the way to walk through the long valley from Earth to Heaven that is filled with aches, pains, fears, trials, troubles, loneliness, insecurities, unknowns, and death triumphantly -- it would be the Word Filled Life!
No matter who you are, what your past, no matter where you are in life, no matter what age you are today – God describes for you HIS PLAN.
The Lord of Heaven and Earth has much to say about what He has designed for each of us. He has the optimal operating range for us to live within. He has created us and loaded us with all the options that He knows we need to operate and fulfill His plans.
As believers, God says LOVE, GLORIFY, and OBEY Him.
As men, husbands, and dads God says LEAD, MODEL, and LOVE.
As women, wives, and moms God says FOLLOW, MODEL, and LOVE.
As young men, brothers and sons God says OBEY, HONOR, and LOVE.
As young women, sisters and daughters God says OBEY, HONOR, and LOVE.
And where do we find the details on how to do all those things? Of course – in God's Word!
Every year I always like to remind myself why I need to start through God's Word anew and afresh. I’d like to share those reminders I gave myself this year – with you.
- The Word Filled Life is the way we get our online downloads. Why go through life without freshness? Every time we prayerfully open God's Word it is like going online and downloading fresh, new, personal messages from the God of Heaven Himself. How encouraging it is to hear from God. Did you hear from Him lately? You can as often as you want to download a message from Him. Just open your heart prayerfully before the Word of God and like a wireless device -- your soul will start getting downloads from Heaven. There is nothing as boring as old emails when you want fresh, new updates from someone you love. So read the Word each day prayerfully -- because it is like an online download. Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”
- The Word Filled Life is the way we get our battery charged. As we go through life we expend our strength in the battle of just plain old life. When we stop in the Word it quickens us, giving us life and power through the Spirit of God. Why go through life with a dead spiritual battery? Why miss the calls that come from the Lord? Why miss the sharing you can have with the One closest of all to us -- read the Word because it is like a battery charger. John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
- The Word Filled Life is the way we get our Hope. Romans 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
- The Word Filled Life is the way we get our hot showers. Life is dirty and gritty, life is hot and sweaty. Before the day starts and after the day ends are two great times to take showers for those who want to stay fresh and clean. Is it any less so for the believer? Jesus reminded the disciples when Hw washed their feet – that we get our feet dirty as we walk through life. It is the Word that washes us so that we can come to the Table of Fellowship with God cleansed. Ephesians 5:26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word. 1 Peter 1:22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,
- The Word Filled Life is the way we get our Weapons to Win. Ephesians 6:16-17b above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- The Word Filled Life is the way we get our Exercise. Hebrews 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
- The Word Filled Life is the way we get our Security. James 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. (NIV)
- The Word Filled Life is the way we get our Growth. 1 Peter 2:2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby.
- The Word Filled Life is the way we get to taste of God’s Goodness. 1 Peter 2:2-3 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
Would you like to own your copy of these 20 powerful messages about a life filled with God’s Word? Order your copy of the Discipline Yourself for Godliness book or MP3 CD today! http://www.dtbm.org/eshop/10Browse.asp
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.