What is the Culture Around Us Trying to Conform Us to?
Theistic evolution is an attempt to accommodate God's Word to man's ideas. The theistic evolutionist says that God's method of creation was evolution, that He didn't create the world in six literal days but took millions, perhaps billions, of years to accomplish the feat.
To suggest that God relied on chance and time to create the universe is not only insulting to God's power, it makes Him a liar by contradicting His inspired written account of creation. To satisfy the theistic evolutionist, the first few chapters of Genesis would have to be rewritten. Ruth Beechick suggests the ridiculous results below.
1. In the beginning God created masses of interstellar gas and dust, and after billions of years there were formed from these masses many solar systems and in one a planet, Earth.
2. Now this planet was without form and covered with waters.
3. And God said, Let the process of orogenesis work in the earth. After a sufficient time had elapsed the waters were gathered together and dry land appeared: and it was so.
4. And God called the dry land earth; and the gathering together of the waters called He seas: and God saw that it was good.
5. And God said, Let elements in the waters come together in chance formations. And a chain of highly improbable chances brought together a true protoplasm. God called the protoplasm life.
6. And God said to the living protoplasm, keep making more protoplasm and form into cells of different kinds, and ever better and more complex groupings so you can evolve into many kinds of water creatures. And let some of the fish bring forth wings. And after millions of years God saw that it was good.
7. And God blessed them, saying, be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
8. And God had also said, let some of the fish begin to crawl on the earth, and let every creature bring forth some other kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth, each after some other kind: and it was so.
9. And when the living creatures could not evolve into all the kinds God wanted, then God made some more creatures from time to time. These creatures also made new kinds upon the earth: and God saw that it was good.'
10. And God said to the primate kind, Stand upright and begin to use tools. This will develop your brain and you can have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
11. And after many generations the upright primate could do all the things God told him to do. God called him Man, and Man was the image of Him.
12. And God blessed Man and said, Be fruitful, and subdue the earth. I have given you everything in it.
13. And God saw every thing that He had made, and behold it was very good. And millions and billions of years had passed, etc…
Can we really take the liberty to alter the very Word of God like that? If we do so in Genesis 1-2 where else can we make it suit the current scientific, moral, cultural drift away from God?
In other words, no book of the Scriptures matters more because EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE RESTS ON THIS ONE! The book of Genesis is the foundation for the doctrines that follow.
Everything You Base Your Eternal Destiny Upon Starts in Genesis:
A. INSPIRATION: The Creator in Genesis WROTE the Scriptures! Hebrews 1:1-2 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by [ His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; (NKJV)
B. DEITY OF CHRIST: The Creator in Genesis is the One who DIED for you and me! Hebrews 1:3 who being the brightness of [His] glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, (NKJV) John 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. (NKJV)
C. FINAL JUDGMENT: The CREATOR in Genesis is the ONE we will all someday face to enter Heaven or Hell! Acts 17:24, 31 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 31 "because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead." (NKJV)
D. SALVATION: The CREATOR of Genesis is the ONLY ONE who can die in your place on the Cross! Romans 5:12-15 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned -- 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift [is] not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. (NKJV)
E. TRUSTWORTHINESS OF CHRIST: The CREATOR in Genesis is the ONLY ONE who knows what happened at that event! Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.(NKJV)
F. THE WHOLE MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE: The CREATOR in Genesis is the ONLY ONE able to send a message like we have in the SCRIPTURES! Colossians 1:15-17 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. (NKJV)
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.