Science Proves It
Charles H. Spurgeon once said the Scriptures are like a lion in a cage, he doesn't need to be defended just let him out. The Bible doesn't need to be defended just open it and let it out!
Now, look at the book you hold in your hands:
- Not one word has ever been proven wrong,
- Not one fact has ever needed updating,
- Not one scientific statement ever needing correction,
- Not one old hypothesis or theory needing adjustment due to new findings, because it has no theories or educated guesses,
- Just truth,
- Absolutely true facts,
- Truth you can stake your life and eternity upon,
- Changeless and enduring truth that will last forever,
- And all inerrantly transmitted from the presence of God to us via Inspiration,
- In essence, when we come to Scripture we find absolute scientific accuracy.
There are several reasons why I believe the Bible is true:
- JESUS CHRIST: Because our Lord Jesus Christ said so!
- APOSTLES & PROPHETS: Because all the writers said so thousands of times. They were totally convinced that they were sharing words that were not originating with them.
- AUTHENTICITY THROUGH SCIENTIFIC ACCURACY: Because of its scientific accuracy
- Have you ever read an old biology book? It is amusing to see how vastly the biological sciences are changing. Have you looked at an old Astronomy textbook? So much has changed. In fact in nearly every area of the Sciences there is flux, change, restatement and casting out the old and disproved statements. Often there is complete error and mistaken theories. But not with God, HE SAYS IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
- Psalm 119:89-91 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. 90 Thy faithfulness [is] unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth. 91 They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all [are] thy servants. (KJV)
- Psalm 119:160 Thy word [is] true [from] the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments [endureth] for ever. (KJV)
- Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. (KJV)
- 1 Peter 1:23-25 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh [is] as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. (KJV)
Join me for an incredible journey through the Scriptures. Look at the incredible scientific accuracy and authenticity of a book THOUSANDS OF YEARS AHEAD OF SCIENCE! If you have heard of some passages of the Bible that are in dispute . . . just wait, it takes a while for science to catch up with God! Here are the specific areas we will look at
Number of stars. Up to the time of Galileo and Kepler (17th Century) most of the scientific world thought there were 1,000 stars.
But God has always said Jeremiah 33:22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me. (KJV)
In fact astronomers are more unsure each year. As our reach extends further into the heavens what were thought to be. Stars are becoming galaxies. Galaxies are becoming clusters of galaxies and so on. Their numbers are beyond estimation or calculation.
God made them Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night [He made] the stars also. (KJV) TRUST HIS POWER!
God names them Psalm 147:4 “He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by [their] names.” (KJV) TRUST HIS PLAN!
God sustains them Colossians 1:17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist. (KJV) TRUST HIS CARE!
His Word has always said so! TRUST HIS WORD!
To Hear or Read this entire sermon including the following areas of Science:
First Law of Thermodynamics
Second Law of Thermodynamics
Please copy and paste this address into your address bar:
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.