The Elements of Christ's Perfection
And they sang a new song, saying: "You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation."
-Revelation 5:9, emphasis added
In Revelation 5:9, a glorious new song about the plan of Jesus is sung: "You are worthy to take the scroll [worship of Jesus], and to open its seals [authority of Jesus]; for You were slain [substitutionary death of Jesus], and have redeemed us to God by Your blood [redemption of Jesus], out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation [gospel of Jesus], and have made us kings and priests to our God [ministry for Jesus]; and we shall reign on the earth [hope in Jesus]."
In Revelation 5:11-12 the perfect sacrifice of Jesus is received. All heaven then breaks forth in celebration of His perfect character: I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice: "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!" (emphasis added).
"To receive power!" Jesus came the first time as a weak and helpless baby, and Herod tried to murder Him. But when Jesus comes the second time, He will come as the omnipotent almighty God of the universe!
The Seven Elements of Christ's Perfections:
1. Power- Jesus has all power in heaven and in earth.
2. Riches- Jesus, who owns all things, became poor for us. He laid aside all the treasures of heaven to walk on this earth as an itinerant prophet who was supported by gifts, but now He holds the ownership of the entire universe.
3. Wisdom- Jesus is the source of true wisdom. He was mocked, scoffed at, derided, and accused of everything evil that His enemies could think of, but now He stands as the wisdom of God.
4.Strength- Jesus is the mighty Lion of Judah. He was weary, thirsty, and tired at His first coming, but now He is the Rock, the fountain of the Water of Life, and the source of the power of an indestructible life.
5. Honor- Jesus shall be honored and every knee shall bow. At His first coming, He did not have a place to lay His head, but now countless myriads of eternal beings focus their adoration and worship on Him. Countless saints raise their voices in song, and the universe glistens and radiates with His glory.
6. Glory- Jesus is the highest of heaven adored. He showed His glory briefly on the Mount of Transfiguration, but now He shines as the brightness of the sun in its strength. All glory and honor is His! Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that He is Lord of all!
7. Blessing- He is the One who produces real and eternal joy.
As you reflect upon the seven elements of Christ's perfections, I encourage you to quietly offer a song of worship to this precious Lamb of God!
To find this message online, please click here.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.