What God Says to Look For In A Woman
Attributes of an
Ungodly Young Lady
Moms and dads, what are you raising? Is the young lady who lives with you heading towards being a wise woman or a foolish one? To find out, hold your daughter's direction of life up to the truths of God's Word and see what He has to say. Not the culture, not their peers, not the latest fads, but the timeless truths of God's Word.
- Is she materialistic and selfishly wrapped up in her clothes, her tan, and her body; or is she spiritual and learning to deny herself for the Lord, His ministries, and others?
- Is she loud, assertive, boisterous, and whiney or the center of attention? Or is she quiet, submissive, gentle and humble?
- Does she dress in a provocative way that draws a young man to think about her body and its enticements or her spirit and its beauty?
- Does she have a growing desire to be entertained by watching sinful activities and lifestyles on TV and in movies, as the stars live out their fleshly fantasies; or does she have a growing desire to be sanctified with a holy hatred of sin?
- Does she manipulate by tears, looks and whatever it takes to accomplish her ends? Is she submissive to God, her parents, and God's Word, or does she use all her powers to get her own way?
- Is she argumentative, easily quarreling and fighting with you or her brothers and sisters? Or is she peaceable, gentle and easily entreated?
If any or all of these six symptoms of a Proverbs 14 type of either spiritual immaturity or of being unsaved, are present in any degree or amount, the prognosis for the future bleak.
GOOD GIRLS AND WOMEN LOOK AND ACT LIKE THIS
- Godly and spiritually mature women seek: to be modest in their dress.
Proverbs 7:10 "Then out came a woman to meet him,
dressed like a prostitute and with crafty intent." (NIV).
- Godly and spiritually mature women seek: to be gentle and quiet in their personality.
2 Timothy 2:24 "And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." (NIV)
- Godly and spiritually mature women seek: to be holy and reverent in their conduct.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." (NIV)
- Godly and spiritually mature women seek: to be truthful in their speech and motives.
1 Peter 3:4 "Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." (NIV)
By God's grace, may every woman and young woman here today seek to be a woman like those God commends and describes in His Word. If you have never done this before, why not tell the Lord, "I want to be a Proverbs 31 type of woman after your own heart: modest in my dress; gentle and quiet in my personality; holy and reverent in my conduct; and truthful in my speech and motives."
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/what-god-says-to-look-for-in-a-man-/