The Loveliness of Jesus
- Step with me into the worship center of the universe.
- Let us gaze at the One who is seated on the Eternal Throne.
- As we watch, exalt God in your spirit as the endless praise is ascending around His Throne.
- Let us be still and know who it is before whom we stand.
- And then adore the loveliness of Jesus as He is at the center and focus of my worship.
To worship Him Who is worthy of all worship and praise is our duty and purpose of existence. The Father seeks only one thing, and that is that we might worship Him. To truly worship Him is to ascribe to Him that honor, praise, glory, and majesty that He is worthy of - a true "worthship." This day, join me as we stand in the vestibule and peer through the door into the chambers of the Most High.
Through the eyes of that faithful and true disciple of love who alone remained, heir of the apostolic band-and with his pen, tried to capture that which when Paul saw it, said it was inexpressible.
- Let us listen to the choirs of angels in numberless circles about the glassy sea and its throne as they say His worthy praise.
- Let us listen to those eternal creatures chant "Holy, holy…holy," and by faith's eye let us see with John that band which no man could number and listen to their songs of adoration and praise. Do you know Him, Christ the Lord, Who merits such praise?
- Let us see Him now—worthy is the Lamb that was slain, to be praised this day by us who owe Him our all!
Adoring the loveliness of Jesus fills the entire 4th chapter
- The Awesome Sovereign on the Throne (v. 1-3, 5)
- The Awesome Scene around the Throne (v. 4, 6-7)
- The Awesome Song before the Throne (v. 8-11)
The Awesome Sovereign on the Throne (v. 1-3, 5)
v. 1 "After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, "Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this."
Worshiping the loveliness of Jesus is at God's invitation.
v. 2 "Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne."
Worship must acknowledge God is in charge.
- The THRONE is 46 times noted in Revelation; 14 of these times is in Chapter 4.
- The Throne and all the authority and power of God are very much evident throughout this special chapter.
To continue reading about the Loveliness of Jesus please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/the-loveliness-of-jesus/