Demon Intrusion - Why God Flooded the Earth
Satan the Adversary has tried to mess up God's plan over and over. There are at least 7 times He tried to do so.
- He tempted and led to sin Adam & Eve in Genesis 3. But God promised a seed. A deliverer who would redeem humanity.
- He incited self-righteous Cain to kill faith-righteous Abel in Genesis 4.
- In our text today Genesis 6, he tried to corrupt the entire race, and thus erase the promised seed.
- When God singled out Israel and Moses as the deliverer he tried to get Moses out of the way by riches, then murder then pride, etc.
- Satan then tried to get God to destroy Israel with the golden calf, Exodus 32-24.
- He then tried to defile Israel with intermarriage with Midianite women in Numbers 25.
- Finally he tried to murder Christ in Nazareth, then Jerusalem and finally through Judas.
THE DEMON INTRUSION OF GENESIS 6
THE PURPOSE OF THIS DEMON INTRUSION Genesis 6:5 "Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every intent of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually." (NKJV)
THE NATURE OF THIS DEMON INTRUSION Jude 6 "And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;" (NKJV)
THE TIMING OF THIS DEMON INTRUSION I Peter 3:19-20 "by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while [the] ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water." (NKJV)
THE RESULT OF THIS DEMON INTRUSION 2 Peter 2:24 "For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast [them] down to hell and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;" (NKJV)
THE PARALLEL TO THIS DEMON INTRUSION IN THE TRIBULATION The character of the last generation that precipitates God's intervention is seen in Revelation 9:20 "But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk." (NKJV).
THE WARNING OF DEMON INTRUSION Paul described the drift toward demons as part of the end time last days 1 Timothy 4:1 "Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons," (NKJV)
To continue reading this message on Demon Intrusion please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/demon-intrusion--why-god-flooded-the-earth/