The power to live the Christian life.
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith (Ephesians 3:16, 17a).
Apart from God’s Spirit, we do not have the power to live the Christian life. But with him in our lives, we can experience Christ’s life in abundance. Here are six ways his work in you makes this a reality:
- God’s Spirit makes you alive in Christ. “But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:4-5).
- He assures you that you are a child of God. “The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children” (Romans 8:16).
- He, as your comforter and counselor, guides you into all truth by taking the things of Jesus and making them known to you. “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you” (John 16:13, 14).
- He gives you the power to understand and experience the love of God. “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God” (Ephesians 3:16-19).
- He works in you to live out God’s good purpose for you. “For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose” (Philippians 2:13).
- He expresses the fruit of His life through you. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law” (Galatians 5:22-23).
The disciples were the first to receive the gift of God’s Spirit. They recognized that what happened to them at Pentecost was, as JB Phillips wrote: “...quite plainly the invasion of their lives by a new quality of life altogether. They do not hesitate to describe this as Christ living in them.”
You have received the same gift. God’s Spirit lives in you, and is at work in you to manifest the life of Christ through you.
This brand-new CD series powerfully explains your identity in Christ, why it is so important and how it transforms your day-to-day living.
This is truth that convicts the heart that nothing can separate you from the love of God. You will want to share this teaching! Please request your copy when you send your gift to Basic Gospel.
*Physical product available to U.S. and Canada addresses only.