by Dr. Charles Stanley
Building a Faith Foundation
This week, we have been examining the nature of faith. But on what must we build a strong faith in the Lord? Let’s look at seven key stones in the foundation:
1. God is. Faith must be built around the simple confession that the Lord is real — that He exists and is indeed God.
2. God is love. Not only is God real, but He is intimately concerned with your life and wants to engage in a relationship with you.
3. God is just. You never have to wonder whether or not the Lord will treat you fairly. His justice is absolutely perfect — even when He pours out His loving discipline.
4. God is all-knowing. He knows your heart, your pain, and your questions. You cannot shock or surprise Him.
5. God is everywhere. You never have to wonder where He is; in truth, you cannot escape Him. Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, He is right by your side.
6. God is all-powerful. There is nothing greater than God. No matter how enormous the challenges and heartaches in your life seem to be, you can overcome them in His power.
7. God is faithful. That is, He is utterly and completely dependable. Because of this last key stone, God’s children know that they can always count on Him for the others. No matter how far you stray, He remains at your side. Regardless of what you have done, He will always welcome you home.
Use the above list as a prayer guide, recognizing each one of these characteristics of God and offering your faith as a sacrifice today.
FREE OFFER: In Touch Ministries invites you to celebrate your mother this month and receive our free offer of “Lessons My Mother Taught Me.” The message is a moving snapshot of Dr. Stanley’s childhood and the invaluable time he spent learning from his godly mother. You’ll want to honor your mother everyday for the priceless love she’s given to you. Register today and receive a free CD of Dr. Stanley’s message “Lessons My Mother Taught Me.”
Take the next step in your spiritual walk today! Enroll for free in the Charles Stanley Institute for Christian Living and learn biblical truth under Dr. Charles Stanley.