A Biography of James
James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." (KJV)
James presents to us unvarnished Pioneer or Classic Christianity. He is right to the point. In his short letter of 108 verses there are no less than 50 commands. He is one of four men named James in the New Testament. This one was the brother of Jesus in Mark 6:3 "Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?" And they were offended at Him. (NKJV)
I. "James" was one of four brothers and two sisters of Jesus who were fully children of Joseph and Mary. Jesus was born through the supernatural conception known as the virgin birth. James rose to the place of pastoring the church at Jerusalem. He is profiled in Acts 12:17, 15:13-21, 21:18; Galatians 2:9-10.
II. "a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ" What do Moses, Paul, James and Peter all have in common with us, the Tribulation saints and the future inhabitants of Heaven? All are called by God -- HIS SERVANTS! The word "servant" is used over 889 times in the Bible. It is a big concept.
LOOK Forward to what servants will be forever:
1. Confident Servants Revelation 22:6 "Then he said to me, "These words [are] faithful and true." And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place." (NKJV)
2. Holy Servants Revelation 19:5 "Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!" (NKJV)
3. Trusting Servants Revelation 10:7 "but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets." (NKJV).
4. Singing Servants Revelation 15:3 "They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying: "Great and marvelous [are] Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true [are] Your ways, O King of the saints!" (NKJV)
5. Suffering Servants Revelation 19:2 "For true and righteous [are] His judgments, because He has judged the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her fornication; and He has avenged on her the blood of His servants [shed] by her." (NKJV)
6. Serving Servants Revelation 22:3 "And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him." (NKJV)
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/james-a-servant-of-god/