In The Beginning
In these ten words we find the answers to everything that will matter forever with God.
- There is ONE GOD: The Creator of Heaven and Earth
- There is ONE REVELATION: God's Word the Bible
- There is ONE PROGRAM: God's Kingdom
- There is ONE PURPOSE: God's Glory
- There is ONE BOOK you can trust: His record in the Word
So these ten words tell us GOD initiated this Cosmos by His own will.
- These ten words tell us the Universe had a start and God existed forever before that beginning.
- These ten words tell us our Creator designed this world and the universe around it leaving His fingerprints everywhere!
- These ten words are the only gateway to the True God, the True Creator and the Only Redeemer.
- These ten words are the Foundation of our ORIGIN, PURPOSE and DESTINY!
- These ten words are the only proper way to understand Geology, Anthropology, History, Philosophy and so on.
- These ten words are the only authoritative guide to the origin and purpose of male, female, marriage, family, government; and they alone records the start of sin, evil, cultures, language, Israel and all.
So what would these ten most important words say? They are so vital to all parts of our life, so crucial to the destiny of our souls. In order that we never miss them, God put them in the front of your Bibles. These are the first words Jesus and the Apostles read at their mother's knees. For all Jewish children were taught to read starting with the Torah, the first five books of Moses.
Within those words we find all that there is. God, the Universe, the end, and now. Everything is encompassed in those words. And from them flow all of guidelines God has given for us to meet, know, and please Him. In other words, no book of the Scriptures matters more because EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE RESTS ON THIS ONE!
If the God of Genesis 1 is unreliable so is the One in the Psalms, the Gospel of John, and Revelation. He is the same One in Romans and Philippians, too. Either you utterly trust the God you meet in Genesis 1 or you have nothing else. He is the same, He does not change.
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/in-the-beginning/