Always the Same
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8 NIV
Thoughts for Today
We live in a world of change. Some changes are good … some aren't. But we all need the security of someone or something we can count on to always be the same. There is only one place we can find that kind of security: Jesus.
Jesus will always love us. (John 15:9)
Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
He is our anchor. (Hebrews 6:19-20)
No matter what is happening around us. No matter what others may have done to us. No matter what uncertainties the future holds … we can ALWAYS know that Jesus is with us … that he loves us … that he is our anchor in any storm.
Are you experiencing fear of the future … rejection from someone you care about … loneliness … unexpected changes in your life? Read the scriptures mentioned above and others like them. You can trust in Jesus and his Word. No matter what comes your way, if you will trust in him, you won't have to face it alone. You can count on Jesus.
Lord, thank you for your love. Thank you for the security of know that you never change. Thank you that I can place my faith in your love and your presence in my life. Thank you that I don't have to go through this alone. In Jesus' name …
These thoughts were drawn from…
Insight Group: Discover the Path to Christian Character by Jimmy Ray Lee, D.Min. With its emphasis on developing Christian character it is a powerful group for those who want to be sure to prevent life-controlling problems from developing in their lives, as well as for those who need to overcome a current problem.
- It enhances people's understanding of themselves and others.
- It helps people bond together in meaningful relationships.
- It helps prepare people for more meaningful relationships in subsequent small groups like home groups and Sunday school classes.
- It surfaces people for help who may otherwise never seek help.
- It helps break down the segregation of people in churches, turning "those people" and "our kind of people" into just "us."
- It helps prepare people to minister to others.
- It serves as a powerful evangelistic tool by ministering to people's felt needs and then pointing them to Christ.
Note: This curriculum was written especially for small groups, and we encourage people to use it that way. However, it can also be used effectively as a personal study for individuals or couples.
PO Box 22127 ~ Chattanooga, Tennessee 37421 ~ 423-899-4770
© Living Free 2007. Living Free is a registered trademark. Living Free Every Day devotionals may be reproduced for personal use. When reproduced to share with others, please acknowledge the source as Living Free, Chattanooga, TN. Must have written permission to use in any format to be sold. Permission may be requested by sending e-mail to [email protected].