You Don’t Have to Worry about Your Past, Present, Or Future - Love Worth Finding - April 23
You Don’t Have to Worry About Your Past, Present, Or Future
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23
Some people get confused about when salvation happens. Let me see if I can shed some light on this. Salvation can be explained by using three verbal tenses in the English language.
- The moment you repented and believed upon Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you were saved from the penalty of sin. (Past tense)
- After that, you enter a process of sanctification where you are being saved from the power of sin. (Present tense)
- When you get to heaven, you will be saved from even the presence of sin. (Future tense)
When you enter into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, you are justified immediately in your spirit. You are sanctified progressively in your soul. And you will be ultimately glorified in your body. You are saved from sin’s penalty, it’s power and one day even its presence.
I have good news: The preservation of your salvation is God’s job and not yours. Praise Him for that as you stop working so hard, and trust in Him instead.
- The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul.. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. Psalm 121:7-8
- Thou art my hiding place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7
- The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and Thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies. Psalm 41:2
For more from Love Worth Finding and Pastor Adrian Rogers, please visit www.lwf.org.
You can also listen to Adrian Rogers at OnePlace.com.