Love Worth Finding - June 21, 2012
The Five Qualities of Friendship
“Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous.” - 1 Peter 3:8
There are five qualities of friendship.
1. Harmony. We are to be of one mind, not necessarily singing the same note, but complimenting one another.
2. Sympathy. We hurt when friends hurt. The world is looking for friends like this.
3. Fraternity. We are to love one another like brothers. There is no brotherhood like the brotherhood in Jesus Christ.
4. Pity. If you want to be a real friend, you’re going to have to feel deeply. You’ll need to put yourself in the place of the other person.
5. Humility. Genuine courtesy is thinking of the other person’s needs before your own. You are less concerned with your rights, and more concerned about the relationship.
Begin to develop these characteristics of friendship in your life and watch God change your world!
For more from Love Worth Finding and Pastor Adrian Rogers, please visit www.lwf.org.
You can also listen to Adrian Rogers at OnePlace.com.
Daybreak: Practicing the Presence of God
This devotional journal with daily applications was designed several years ago by Adrian Rogers. This leather-bound keepsake will be a treasured addition to start your day out right!
For more Adrian Rogers resources you may visit the Love Worth Finding bookstore at www.lwf.org.