Love Worth Finding - Oct. 26, 2008
The Law & the Gospel of God's Grace
“Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all.” Romans 4:16
There are almost six billion people on the face of this earth. If you extracted from each one the very best character traits and put those things into one man, that one man would still have to bow before God and cry out for mercy to be saved.
We’ve got to quit trying to be saved by doing good things or being a moral person or by even keeping the Ten Commandments.
· The law says “if,” the gospel says “therefore.”
· The law says you must earn salvation, while the gospel says salvation is a gift.
· The law demands holiness. The gospel provides holiness.
· The law says run, but it doesn’t give us legs.
· The gospel says fly, and it gives us wings of grace.
Read Romans 10. What application can you gain from this chapter for your life?
Daybreak: Practicing the Presence of God
This devotional journal with daily applications was designed several years ago by Adrian Rogers. This leather-bound keepsake will be a treasured addition to start your day out right!
For more Adrian Rogers’ resources you may visit the Love Worth Finding bookstore at www.lwf.org.