Jack Graham Devotional - Powerpoint Daily Devotions

<< PowerPoint Today from Pastor Jack Graham

PowerPoint - Nov. 4, 2009

First things first

November 4, 2009

In the morning my prayer comes before you.

--Psalm 88:13

There's an amazing spiritual principle at work in our lives as Christ-followers called the principle of first fruits.

It works like this: You and I honor God by giving back to him the first portion of all that he gives to us. 

One obvious example of this principle is tithing. We tithe 10 percent of our income to God in thanks for his provision. And in return, God blesses the remaining 90 percent of our income, making it go further than we could even imagine!

But the principle of first fruits also applies to our work week. God calls us to dedicate the first day of each week to him and to set ourselves apart from the world for a day of worship and rest. And when we do this, we feel the wonderful blessings of God throughout our week.

So let me ask you this. If we are to dedicate the first day of our week to God, shouldn't we also dedicate the first portion of each day to him, as well? We should! Nothing will impact your day more positively than to begin it with Christ Jesus.

So give him the first part of your day and let him set the pace and tone of what is to come. When you do, you will feel more connected to him and be more accessible to do his will.


For more from PowerPoint Ministries and Dr. Jack Graham, please visit www.jackgraham.org
click here to listen to Dr. Graham's daily broadcast on OnePlace.com.

Watch Jack Graham and Powerpoint Ministries Video Online


Pause: Resting in God Instead of Stressing Out

Dear Friend,

Do the words rested... peaceful... and refreshed describe you today? Or do the words stressed... rushed... and pressured better describe your way of life?
If you're like most Christians, you'd probably have to admit those last three words more accurately describe your life most of the time!
The good news is that it doesn't have to be this way... even when your life is one big pressure-cooker. And in my new book, Pause: Resting in God Instead of Stressing Out, I'll show you why.
Based on the principles from Paul's letter to the Philippians and Psalm 23, Pause: Resting in God Instead of Stressing Out will help you find true peace and rest in a world that is anything but peaceful and restful. It's the perfect "pause" button you need!
So please request your copy of Pause: Resting in God Instead of Stressing Out when you give online today!  --Jack Graham 

More PowerPoint Today from Pastor Jack Graham Articles

Follow Crosswalk.com