PowerPoint - Oct. 17, 2008
- Sign Up for Email? Sign Up for Email Delivery?
- 2008 Oct 17
October 17, 2008
Therefore you shall keep his statutes and his commandments, which I command you today, that it may go well with you and with your children after you…
How’s your family life? Do you have a strong family?
There’s a lot of attention paid today to what’s wrong with our families. But in one study at the University of Nebraska, researchers looked at the strengths of successful homes and families. They found six common qualities that identify strong families:
• Strong families are committed to the family.
• Strong families spend time together.
• Strong families have good family communication.
• Strong families express appreciation to one another.
• Strong families have a spiritual commitment.
• Strong families are able to work together to solve problems in a crisis.
As I look at this list, I believe the key to each ingredient is parenting. Successful families have parents who take the lead in each of these vital areas.
So, what about you? Are there any areas above that you could work on as a parent?
Do you have a spiritual commitment so that your family has a spiritual commitment? Do you express appreciation to your spouse and children? Do you foster open communication? Is spending time together important to you?
I want to challenge you today, as a parent, to go through this list and see how you check out. Then, determine to take the lead as a mom or dad in each of these vital areas!
PICK ONE CHARACTERISTIC OF SUCCESSFUL FAMILIES TO FOCUS ON AS A MOM OR DAD THIS WEEK.