Abraham - Waiting for God
A young pastor just starting out in Chicago polled several thousand homes. He asked them what type of church they would attend. The most repeated answer is one that was not asking for money.
God is not really interested in your money. He wants your heart. If He can't have your heart He doesn't want your money. If He has your heart, He has your money. We want to learn about investing with God.
We should learn as Abraham did and INVEST OUR TREASURES WITH GOD!
What are things that God treasures that we can invest with Him?
· The treasure of an exclusive one and only relationship with Him. Exodus 19:5 “Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine.” (NKJV)
· The treasure of life on earth lived in awareness of the Lord. Deuteronomy 28:12 "The LORD will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.” (NKJV)
· The treasure of our special possessions given to the Lord. 1 Chronicles 29:8 “And whoever had precious stones gave them to the treasury of the house of the LORD, into the hand of Jehiel the Gershonite.” (NKJV)
· The treasure of our support for the work of the ministry. Ezra 2:69 “According to their ability, they gave to the treasury for the work sixty-one thousand gold drachmas, five thousand minas of silver, and one hundred priestly garments.” (NKJV)
· The treasure of living in wisdom. Proverbs 21:20 “There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.” (KJV)
· The treasures that can't be lost Ecclesiastes 2:8 “I gathered me also silver and gold, and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts.” (KJV)
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/abraham-waiting-for-god/