Thank God Today
- Wednesday, November 21, 2001
Here are some ways you can give thanks to God this Thanksgiving:
- Take some time to reflect on the blessings in your life and make a list of some of them. Praise God for each one, and for the fact that He is a Father who loves to give good gifts to His children. Remember that ultimately it's because of God that you have anything at all - even life itself.
- Think about the various aspects of God's character that mean the most to you. Thank God for specific ways that your life reflects those aspects of God's character.
- Thank God for His constant presence in His life and His willingness to answer your prayers at all times.
- Thank God for the ultimate gift of salvation that He offers, and for the sacrifices Christ made on the cross to make that possible.
- Tell others about ways God has shown mercy to you.
- Sing praises to God, using music as a tool to worship Him.
- Commit to serving God in your life as a way of expressing your gratitude for all He has done for you.
Adapted from Novena of Thanksgiving, copyright 2000 by the Daughters of St. Paul. Published by Pauline Books & Media, Boston, Mass., www.pauline.org, 1-800-876-4463.
The Daughters of St. Paul is an international congregation of women in religious orders serving Christians with the communications media.
What are you especially thankful for this year, and why? Visit Live It's forum to respond, or read what others have to say. Just click on the link below.
Recently on Live It
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content