Wearing His Truth
Are you aware that Satan wants to poison your thoughts and emotions away from the purity of God's truth? His attacks center in two areas: your mind and your emotions.
The Father of lies wants to snatch the Word of God from you.
- The Father of lies wants you to think that sin is not so bad.
- The Father of lies wants youtolearn to laugh at sin on television or at the movies.
- The Father of lies wants to destroy your conscience so it will no longer warn you.
- The Father of lies wants to entertain you with sin so that you won't think it's as evil as sin really is.
- The Father of lies wants to drown you in a sea of sin so that you become very tolerant of it.
- He wants to fill your mind with doubts, lies, immorality, and false doctrine.
- He wants to debilitate your will and get you to do things you shouldn't do.
- He wants to twist your thinking by putting sinful ideas into your mind by appealing music.
- He wants to confuse your emotions by corrupting your desires and drawing your affections to the wrong things.
To counter Satan's attack the Lord has told us we need to get dressed for war. In His Word He has told us just what will ensure continued victory. In his letters to the first-century churches, Paul uses many pictures from daily life to communicate truth about the Christian life. There are four areas prominent in Paul's inspired writings: building ("You are the temple of God"), farming ("Whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap"), athletics ("Run the race") and the military ("Put on the whole armor of God"). It is our purpose to examine whether we are fully dressed as soldiers of the Lord in our Armor of God.
Ephesians 6:10-17 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
To continue reading this message on how to wear His truth please copy and paste this URL into your Browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/wearing-his-truth/