Wise Investments with God
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
—Luke 12:34, emphasis added
What are you doing that will last forever? What would most please Him? Christ said, “Here is something anyone in My family can do! Here is what you can do that I will love, and I will make your investments in these areas last forever!”
Step Seven: Heaven
Be investing—lay up treasures in heaven!
- Jesus collects all your prayers, so pray to Him: The four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints (Revelation 5:8).
· Jesus multiplies sacrificial gifts, so give to Him: Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans [a day’s wage]. So He … said to them, “… This poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury …” (Mark 12:42-43).
- Jesus counts souls you lead to Him, so win the lost to Christ: For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? (1 Thessalonians 2:19).
· Jesus remembers humble service, so serve Him: … As He sat at the table, a woman came having an alabaster flask of very costly oil of spikenard. Then she broke the flask and poured it on His head … [And] wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her” (Mark 14:3, 8-9).
· Jesus loves missionaries who do outreach, so go for Him: “Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life” (Matthew 19:29).
Make a choice to live in hope: Investing in heaven is the secret to having living hope for the end of days! I exhort you to consciously make each moment count for God and eternity! For time is the only thing you cannot recover or do over again.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.