Loving God With All Your Heart
God is very interested in your beauty today. Did you check to see if you were beautiful? Beautiful to God is what I mean!
Listen to these verses:
1. Beauty was required in those who were regulars in God's presence!Exodus 28:2 "And you shall make holy garments for Aaron your brother, for glory and for beauty. 40 For Aaron's sons you shall make tunics, and you shall make sashes for them. And you shall make hats for them, for glory and beauty.” (NKJV)
2. Beauty was expected in corportate (group) worship!1 Chronicles 16:29 “Give to the LORD the glory [due] His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him. Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness!” (NKJV)
3. Beauty was how God describes the praise He desires!2 Chronicles 20:21 “And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the LORD, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying: "Praise the LORD, For His mercy [endures] forever." (NKJV)
4. Beauty is a mark of pleasing personal worship times!Psalm 27:4 “One [thing] I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple.” (NKJV)
5. Beauty is how God describes the holiness He desires for us!Psalm 29:2 “Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name; Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. (NKJV) Psalm 96:9 Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth.” (NKJV)
6. God is Beautiful!Psalm 50:2 “Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God will shine forth.” (NKJV) Isaiah 33:17 “Your eyes will see the King in His beauty; They will see the land that is very far off.”(NKJV)
7. God wants to make us beautiful everyday!Psalm 90:17 “And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands.” (NKJV)
How did Mary cultivate godliness?
1. Mary was beautiful because she had learned to avoid being LOUD and assertive in her communication.Proverbs 9:13 “The woman Folly is loud; she is undisciplined and without knowledge.” (NIV) Proverbs 7:11 “She is loud and defiant, her feet never stay at home;” (NIV)
- This includes disrespect, hostility, aggressiveness and cunningness. All in all bad news.
- James 3:17 “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.” (NIV)
- Mary was beautiful because she had learned to avoid being a fighter, quarreling to get her way.Proverbs 20:3 “[It is] honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel.” (NKJV)
- Selfish ambition is that way of life that isn’t from God. It is as James said, earthly sensual and devilish.
- 2 Timothy 2:24 “And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.” (NIV)
To continue reading this message, please click here.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.