What does God do when we sin?
He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6).
The day I fully believed that all my sins were forgiven was the day the love of God broke through to my heart. On that day I knew that I knew that I knew God truly and genuinely loved me. His love started driving out the fear in my heart just as he promised.
I want this for you.
Fear makes us ask “Is there something we need to do when we sin?” Love has a better question. “What does God do when we sin?”
Understanding these actions will radically change how you see sin.
- He reminds you of Christ’s death on the cross and the forgiveness you have in Him. (1 John 2:12)
- He assures you that you are a child of God. (Romans 8:15-16)
- He shows you the consequences of our sin and then works in you the desire to be reconciled to those you’ve hurt. (Romans 13:10)
- He teaches you to say “no” to sin. (Titus 2:11)
- He encourages you to put off the old, and put on the new. (Ephesians 4:22-24 & Colossians 3:5-14).
- He works all things together for your good. (Romans 8:28)
- He continues to complete the work he began in us. (Philippians 1:6)
Study these seven actions God takes on your behalf. Let the truth of these verses cement the truth of God’s love deeply within your heart.
As thanks for your gift this month, I want to send you our latest DVD teaching series, Your Living Hope. This series will help you stand firmly in the grace of God, even under the intense pressure you face to conform to the patterns of this world. This is a series that will help you grow strong in the Lord.
May these words from Peter encourage and embolden you in your walk with Christ.
"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed" (1 Peter 4:12, 13).
*Physical product available to U.S. and Canada addresses only.