Today's reading: 2 Kings 6:1-7
The character and approach to life displayed by the sons of the prophets, a group of young men whose lives were committed to fulltime ministry, caught my attention. So I wrote down some of the things I noticed about these young men that would be wise to implement and follow. Here's my list:
- Eager to learn more about God and His ways;
- No attitude of entitlement or expectation of receiving charity;
- Willing to work for what they need;
- Don't want to move ahead without confirmation from their leader;
- Desire the company and help of their spiritual teacher;
- Not concerned with having possessions; and
- Took care with, and were concerned about, the items of others.
As a follower of Christ, we are all in ministry. So how would you describe your mindset with regard to serving and representing God? What from the young prophets examples, stood out to you most, and why? Tami
Powered by 4 is all about engaging God's Word and living it out--in community. So if it's encouragement you want or motivation you need, join the discussion on the P4 Blog--a place to weigh in on the daily scripture as well as share thoughts & questions.