WHY HAS GOD SHOWN ME THIS?
Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5
If I ask someone for direction, it's because I'm going somewhere. I'm not asking for information so I can sit and ponder it. God's revelations of truth lead to obedient action.
God never gives divine insight just for mere intrigue. He discloses His thoughts to someone who is then responsible to find out why they were given such information. Are they to pray? Are they to step forward with information? Are they to expose? Are they to encourage? Are they to go? Seeing is proactive.
The gift of divine sight is built on the culmination of thousands of life experiences. Spiritual understanding is not something bred overnight. God shapes His servant through years of practice runs. The gift is sharpened through suffering and listening. If you are a prophet, one who can prayerfully discern the mind and heart of God about a person or situation, that gift has been personally expensive. But know this too ~ the gift of divine eyesight is usually paired with another strong gift.
- God revealed the dream so that Joseph could step up with a wise plan.
- God reveals danger so that His child can pray.
- God reveals the root of a problem so that righteousness can be sought and unrighteousness exposed.
- God reveals the broken heart of another so that they may be strengthened by compassionate words and actions
- God reveals where people perish for lack of knowledge in order for a teacher to arise.
What has God been showing you about a person? What has He been telling you about a situation? Perhaps that revelation has been painful, arrested you in place, and you feel helpless. Assess your giftings and ask God to show you how you are to act upon what He has revealed. God, in your story, has prepared you for such a time as this.
I want to hear. I want to see. I'm confused, lost in the subtleties. Give me clarity and confidence to see with Your eyes. Then, give me Your action plan. In Jesus name, Amen