The PTA limited the information available to delegates regarding sexual orientation but allowed other groups to exhibit that are controversial. Although Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays (PFOX) could not exhibit, Americans United for the Separation of Church and State, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) were allowed to exhibit.
A fair question is what do these groups (AUSCS, PETA, PFLAG) have to do with education and parent involvement?
PTA members: ready to make some changes in your organization?
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Dr. Warren Throckmorton
- Former Colleague Claims His Work Was Plagiarized by Mark Driscoll in Two BooksFriday, August 01, 2014
- Citizens' Front Man Zach Bolen Resigns From Mars Hill ChurchSunday, June 08, 2014
- Prominent Ex-gay Group Has Ties To Unification ChurchMonday, December 30, 2013
- Another Publisher Investigates Books By Mark DriscollMonday, December 30, 2013
- The Institute on the Constitution's God and Government Project: A Call to Abandon the First AmendmentSaturday, October 12, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content