Posted by Jim_Daly Sep 14, 2012
"The fascination we have with the newness of these things ... can be so undoing to our affection for Christ and our devotion to prayer and His word."
"Sit loose to this world's joy," cautioned Robert Murray McCheyne, a Scottish pastor who passed away in 1843 at the age of 29. "The time is short."
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Why Did This Painting Sell for $46 Million?Monday, December 09, 2013
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
- 5 Things Christians Can Learn from AdoptionThursday, December 05, 2013
- VIDEO: Boys, BB Guns and ChristmasWednesday, December 04, 2013
- VIDEO: Troubled Boy Has a Dad-Sized Hole in His HeartTuesday, December 03, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content