A lot of people have asked me recently about whether it's okay to let a church member undergoing discipline "resign" from membership, just prior to excommunication. This is kind of, I guess, similar to Richard Nixon quitting the presidency when it looks like he doesn't have the votes in the House to avoid impeachment.
My friend Greg Wills, a Baptist historian and expert on church discipline, and I were recently walking into a conference together, and I stopped and asked him about it. Listen to this "Moore to the Point Micropoint" about this issue, and let me know what you think.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Russell Moore
- What Martin Luther King Can Teach Us About PreachingTuesday, September 03, 2013
- What’s at Stake with Internet PornographyWednesday, July 24, 2013
- Racial Justice and the Godness of GodMonday, July 15, 2013
- How Should You Explain the Same-Sex Marriage Debate to Your Children?Monday, July 01, 2013
- How Should Same-Sex Marriage Change the Church’s Witness?Thursday, June 27, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content