Gilbert Meilaender, Neither Beast Nor God: The Dignity of the Human Person
I am stunned by how often I hear evangelical Christians (including some very conservative ones) who have no idea how to think about bioethical issues beyond the question of abortion. There seems to be a "no abortion/no problem" attitude among some evangelicals when it comes to questions of reproductive technology and so forth. The problem is a previous generation of evangelicals often held a "no infanticide/no problem" attitude. A generation past (with some very notable and commendable exceptions) couldn't see what was happening, so they lagged behind as the horror of the abortion culture settled in.
Gilbert Meilaender provided this year a superb resource for thoughtful people to consider questions of human dignity, and how to maintain it. He starts and ends with the most important question: "What is man?"
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Russell Moore
- What Martin Luther King Can Teach Us About PreachingTuesday, September 03, 2013
- What’s at Stake with Internet PornographyWednesday, July 24, 2013
- Racial Justice and the Godness of GodMonday, July 15, 2013
- How Should You Explain the Same-Sex Marriage Debate to Your Children?Monday, July 01, 2013
- How Should Same-Sex Marriage Change the Church’s Witness?Thursday, June 27, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content